Monday, March 5, 2012

Loyalty to the Party

Hoy, I am tired of the bickering, of the wasting that keeps on happening around us. I love politics, I did my bachelor in political sciences, yet I just don’t know where to get involved. In the last election, I voted for the NDP, I agree with some of their ideals, but I guess what counted the most was that we all saw someone of integrity in Jack. For the elections of 2006/2008, I voted conservative both times, and before that? Liberals, because I voted for the one who seemed to have the best plan at the time. I agreed more with their ideas at the time than the other parties. For one thing Harper promised to increase Canada's activity in the Arctic, 5 months ago,..... so about 5 years late, he's finally said he's going to build us the promised ships Well, thank you for that, but I am stopping at the F-35 jets, Now that's a no-go for me and it sounds like it's going to be a pretty costly mistake, new technology needs to be proven and specially adapted to our environment, but then, who can tell what it's going to be like in 30 years, Now, I digress...

I mostly voted NDP in the last election in the hope that we would end up with another Conservative minority and the NDP as the major opposition. Well, we certainly got the NDP in the opposition which is probably one of the best thing to have happened to this country. On the other hand, having the Conservatives in power would have been acceptable, if only in another minority as we could have held a check on him (Well come on we all know that Stephen Harper and Conservative Party of Canada are interchangeable.... hopefully not mass-produced) in some instances, just as the new Omnibus Crime Bill C-10... well that shall be all for now on this issue, but let's start looking at the global picture locally, with our own MP's, I'd be curious to see the House of Common filled with a good half of independents, maybe then we'd see something happening, I mean at this point I could almost take a bunch of drunken Vickings

What I mean is I understand the principle of the party line is to make sure there is coherence, and I'm not too sure how it actually works out in most party as to the new directions to make, I should probably have a look at the Liberals if they're serious about taking a new approach and changing the gears. Anyhow, a little more independence of thought might bring you the parties closer to the public in my opinion because we're not all left or right, I believe that a good majority just follow their good sense and are tired of seeing parties fall in the pitfall of sticking to one-side or of just standing in the centre as confused as someone at the grocery before a shelf of Catsup & Ketchup. It's about time, we start looking at alternatives.

1 comment:

  1. can be nice if we could split vote between our convictions...

    ReplyDelete